People You Know
?• Laverne and Sharon Frick spent the long weekend visiting their son, Trevor, and daughter-in-law, Jackie, in Denver. They enjoyed eating out, visiting and shopping.
• Herndon received word of the Feb. 21 death of former resident Francis “Frank” Cox. Frank was born July 26, 1930 in Herndon to Francis and Leona Delong Cox. Frank was a 1948 Herndon High graduate.
• Voni Sattler attended the funeral of her cousin, Betty J. Fuqua Wonderly of Elwood, Neb., Feb. 14.
• Richard and Theresa Rippe helped their granddaughter, Kimberly, celebrate her 3rd birthday Saturday evening at Kevin and Megan Rippe's home. Family and friends enjoyed a delicious supper and cake. Kimberly was excited to have a “Doc McStuffins” cake and party and share Doc items and toys with her friends.
• Laverne Frick celebrated his 70th birthday Feb. 21 at Roger’s Bar and Grill. Many friends and family gathered to enjoy birthday cake, pizza and visiting.
• Herndon seniors gathered for their potluck monthly dinner at the center Feb.19. Karen Yarian won the blackout and Sharon Frick won the door prize. The next dinner meeting will be Wednesday, March 19.
• Bob and Julie Hafner spent Feb. 15 with Jason Hafner and Raquel Frerichs of Lexington in McCook, celebrating Bob’s birthday.
• The Grape-Vine gals celebrated the birthday of Voni Sattler at the Herndon Pool Hall Feb. 18. Those gathering to help her celebrate her Feb. 5 birthday were Sharon Ecker, Char Hartner, Chris Wood, Julie Hafner and Ann Solko. Nadine Green dropped by to wish the honored guest a belated happy birthday.
• Ash Wednesday Mass is scheduled for St. Mary’s at 5:30 p.m., March 5. The Christian Mother’s Altar Society will be leading the rosary at 8:15 p.m., for a variety of intentions on Sundays through Lent, beginning Sunday, March 9. Stations of the Cross will follow Mass each Sunday, led by the Christian Mothers, the Parish Council or the CYO students.
• The Immanuel Church of Christ had another successful pancake brunch Sunday morning. Even with the weather less than desirable, friends from the area came to support this yearly event. With the abundance of homemade pie, everyone left happy.
• Those gathering to celebrate the birthdays of Mary Clark and her daughter, Katelyn Rippe, at Roger’s Bar and Grill for pizza were the birthday gals, Brian Clark, Rodney Rippe, Richard and Theresa Rippe, Ron and Cindy Sattler and Jace Sattler. All agreed the pizza was delicious.
?Introducing Elsa Jane Sattler, who was born Jan. 27. She weighed 7 pounds, 6.8 ounces and was 19 and one-half inches long. Elsa’s parents are Bennett and Kaci Sattler of Halstead. Maternal grandparents are Rex and Caren Watson of Peabody. Maternal great-grandmother is Barbara Watson of St. John. Paternal grandparents are Daniel and Karen Sattler of Scott City. Paternal great-grandmother is Janice Sattler of Atwood.
?Introducing McKenzie Kaye Confer, who was born Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014. She weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces and was 19 inches long. Parents are Hannah Lark Confer and Seth Confer of Castle Rock, Colo. Grandparents are Marie Allen of Everett, Wash., Ken and Debbie Lark of Littleton, Colo., and Steve and Damian Owen of Castle Rock. Great-grandparents are Marlene Cook of Littleton, John and Solveig Lark of Loveland, Colo., and Debbie Abbett of Maryland.
Learn about Herndon
on the website
Herndon has a colorful, informative new website which includes a helpful calendar of events.
Visitors to the site will find a listing of local businesses and the services they offer, as well as church service times and special events.
The website is linked to the one at USD 105 so information about school happenings and upcoming events will be readily available.
Herndon Heritage Craft Day and Main Street Christmas are already on the pages.
New information can be added to the website, which is sponsored by Herndon PRIDE, by contacting Deb Portschy at 322-5212.
Enjoy learning about the past and future events by logging on the herndonkansas.com website.