People You Know
?• Easter guests of Kent and Chris Wood were Marty and Tyler Rohm of Aurora, Colo.
• Tom and Myra Sattler celebrated Easter dinner at the farm with David and Lauren Sattler and family friend Sara Lentz of Norton, Theresa and Richard Rippe from Ludell, Pat and Gary Sloan from Colby and Aaron, Brenda, Addison and Grayson Schilde of Russell. Afternoon visitors were Tim, Lindsey and Wyatt Rippe of Ludell.
• Dean, Deb and Neil Portschy spent the Easter weekend in Stockton visiting family and friends. Easter dinner was celebrated at the home of Steve and Pat Cook. Sunday afternoon the Portschys drove to Lawrence and on Monday participated in Kansas University Junior Days for Neil to take a look at the college life at KU. They returned to Herndon Monday night.
• Area little ones gathered Saturday morning in Herndon City Park for this year’s Easter Egg hunt. PRIDE members featured a bake sale, men and women’s gift baskets and surprises for the kids. Congratulations are extended to Carla Marintzer and Rachel Grafel, winners of the baskets.
• Easter visitors at the home of Richard and Theresa Rippe on Saturday were Brenda and Aaron Schilde, Addison and Grayson of Russell and Rodney and Katelyn Rippe of Hays. All enjoyed steaks from Rogers Bar and Grill that evening with Tim and Lindsey Rippe and Wyatt of Ludell, Dustin and Shandra Hughes and Case of Leoti, Justin and Lori Marintzer and Coley Hackney of Herndon.
• Trevor and Jackie Frick of Denver were weekend guests of LaVerne and Sharon Frick. Kyle Frick, India Maret, Cypres and Ivy joined the family for a Lorentz Easter gathering at Roger’s Bar and Grill where they all enjoyed delicious food and the younger children had fun hunting Easter eggs.
• Easter dinner guests at the home of Joe and Nadine Green were Jerry, Connie and Kylie Reitcheck and Kylie’s friend, Kyle Bruce; Jeanne and Brittany Tuma and Marty Ruda and Dave, Baron and Emma Green. Jeanne, Marty and Brittany were weekend guests.
• St. Mary’s Altar Society will be hosting a reception in honor of the First Communicants, Teather and Timberly Solko and Garrett Schroeder April 27 following the 8:30 a.m. Mass. The parish welcomes Justin Davis into the Catholic Church and sends congratulations on his journey of faith. All are invited to attend and celebrate this special occasion with Teather, Timberly, Garrett and Justin.
• Jason Hafner and Raquel Frerichs of Lexington, Neb., were Easter guests of Bob and Julie Hafner. Monday they celebrated family birthdays of Julie, Jeff and Jason Hafner.
Learn about Herndon
on the website
Herndon has a colorful, informative new website which includes a helpful calendar of events.
Visitors to the site will find a listing of local businesses and the services they offer, as well as church service times and special events.
The website is linked to the one at USD 105 so information about school happenings and upcoming events will be readily available.
Herndon Heritage Craft Day and Main Street Christmas are already on the pages.
New information can be added to the website, which is sponsored by Herndon PRIDE, by contacting Deb Portschy at 322-5212.
Enjoy learning about the past and future events by logging on the herndonkansas.com website.